DOTr Task Force on Accessibility
Pursuant with the Department’s continuing and international commitments for the Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) Sector in the Country under the existing laws and convention on Accessibility Law and its Implementing Rules and Regulation, Magna Carta for Disabled Persons and its Implementing Rules and Regulations and its amendments, and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the immediate implementation, the composition of the DOTC Task Force on Accessibility was created under Special Order No. 2007-77 issued on May 11, 2007.
Mission / Vision
To provide the country with efficient, secured and accessible transportation compliant with international standards and
perfectly designed for everyone.
A barrier-free Philippines with the state of the art transport facilities exclusively designed for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs). [/item]
Message from the DOTC-Task Force on Accessibility Head
Welcome to the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) Task Force on Accessibility website.
The DOTC created the Task Force on Accessibility to develop initiatives that will address the needs of PWDs in the transport sector, so they may fully be included and hence, participate in achieving the development goals of the country.
The DOTC Task Force on Accessibility firmly believes in the ability of Persons with Disability (PWDs) to help shape a progressive country and world.
The DOTC Task Force on Accessibility website aims to provide you, our partners and stakeholders, with information on the Department’s efforts to make PWDs gain rightful access to quality transport services in the country.
We hope that you will find this page useful, timely and relevant.
Let us, together, help build an inclusive and barrier-free Philippines.
Director Rowena S. Quiogue
Task Force Members
The DOTC Task Force on Accessibility serves as catalyst of all the activities pursued by the Department regarding the Accessibility Law and its Implementing Rules and Regulations, Magna Carta for Disabled Person and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Person with Disabilities (UNCRPD) and ensures that all disseminated guidelines are appropriately utilized and revised to suit emerging developments.
The DOTC- Task Force on Accessibility was constituted, composed of representatives from the DOTC-Central Office and at least two (2) each from the Sectoral Offices and Attached Agencies and Corporations.
The Sectoral Offices and Attached Agencies and Corporations created their respective Agency Focal Persons.
Functions and Responsibilities
1. Prepares the plans, programs and funding requirement of the DOTC for the Central Office, its Attached and Sectoral Agencies for the implementation of Batas Pambansa 344 “Accessbility Law” (minimum requirements) and R.A. 7277 also known as the “Magna Carta for Disabled Person”.
2. Monitors, surveys and conducts ocular inspection relative to the provisions of Batas Pambansa 344 (Accessibility Law) and its Implementing Rules and Regulations and Republic Act No. 7277 (the Magna Carta for Disabled Persons).
3. Prepares DOTC’s annual accomplishment report inclusive of the Sectoral Offices and Attached Agencies/Corporations for submission to the NCDA.
4. Prepares all the necessary requirements requested by NCDA, National Government Agencies, Local Government Units, Non-Governmental Organizations and PWD Sector to the Office of the Secretary.
5. Ensures the presentation of the Department to meetings, forum, seminars, conferences and activitites of the National Concil of Disability Affairs (i.e. Sub-Committee on Accessibilities, Built Environment and Transportation (SCABET), Sub-Committee on ICT, Inter-Agency National Working Committee, NCDA-JICA Non-Handicapping Project and NCDA Board).
6. Coordinates all activities pursued by the Department purposely to fulfill commitments pertaining to concerned disability matters.
The DOTC-Task Force on Accessibility Yearly Accomplishment Report is prepared and submitted every end of the year. It identifies the targeted issues addressed during the year and those that need further actions. The Accomplishment Report serves as basis for the formulation of the Task Force Plans and Programs for the succeeding year.
Plans, Activities and Programs
For 2016, the DOTC Task Force on Accessibility has identified the following Plans, Activities and Programs
Task Force Issuances
Publication of department orders, special orders and other issuances from the DOTC-Central Office, its Sectoral Offices and Attached Agencies and Corporations, Office of the President, Civil Service Commission and the Department of Budget and Management and other institutions relevant to the implementation of task force on accessibility programs and activities.
Special Order No. 2015-460
DOTC Task Force on Accessibility as Amended
Department Order No. 2014-013
Policies on Transport Accessibility
Executive Order No. 273
All government agencies, departments, bureaus, offices and instrumentalities including government-owned and controlled corporations, at the national and local levels are directed to incorporate GAD concerns in their annual budget proposals and work and financial plans.
Republic Act No. 7277
Magna Carta for Disabled Person
BP No. 344
Republic Act No. 10070
AN ACT ESTABLISHING AN INSTITUTIONAL MECHANISM TO ENSURE IMPLEMENTATION OF PROGRAMS AND SERVICES FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES IN EVERY PROVINCE, CITY AND MUNICIPALITY, AMENDING REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7277, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE MAGNA CARTA FOR DISABLED PERSONS , AS AMENDED, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
Republic Act No. 9442
An Act amending Republic Act No. 7277, Otherwise known as the Magna Carta for Disabled Persons and for other purposes”.
Joint DOTc-DTI AO No.01
Providing for a Bill of Rights for Air Passengers and Carrier Obligations
CHR No. A2014-009
On the Full Implementation of Twenty Percent (20%) Discount of PWDs on Domestic Airfare
DOTC Task Force on Accessibility
The Columbia Tower
Brgy. Wack-Wack, Ortigas Avenue
1555 Mandaluyong City, Philippines
Trunkline: (632)727-7960 to 79
DOTC Task Force on Accessibility Online Form
For your comments/ suggestions/ recommendations/ complaints, please fill up this form completely.
We will contact you to process and validate your complaints. Thank you very much.
We respect your privacy. Your personal information will not be shared to any unauthorized personnel or external party.